[DirectAdmin] Using Installatron to Install WordPress
November 28, 2008
WordPress is an extremely popular blogging tool, which is pretty easy to use. This lesson will walk you through the process of installing WordPress on your hosting account using the Installatron script installer.
Log into Your DirectAdmin Control Panel
Go to: http://www.example.com/cpanel and enter your account username and password. (Replace example.com with your own web address.)
Click on Installatron
Click on New Install
Click on WordPress
Click on the Install WordPress button.
1) Select a version to install. Usually you'll want the latest version.
2) Accept the license agreement.
3) Click Continue.
1) Select your domain. The default value should be fine.
2) If you want to install WordPress in the main directory of your account, make this field blank. If you want to install WordPress into a specific directory, enter the directory name (e.g., "blog" or "Wordpress").
3) You can manage the database setting manually or automatically. If you don't have a database set up already, use automatic.
4) Click Continue.
Click Continue to confirm your settings.
1) Enter a Title for your new blog.
2) Enter your email address.
3) Click Install WordPress.
1) Write down your username and password. You need this to log into WordPress.
2) Click The External Task is Complete button.
On the confirmation page that comes up, click Continue.
And that's it. Go to http://example.ca/wp-admin/ or http://example.ca/blog/wp-admin (if you installed into the "blog" directory) to sign into your new blog with your new username and password.
The next lesson will show you how to publish posts in WordPress.